Vacancy No: MEC-001
Post Title: IT Officer
Organization: Moraa Educational Complex
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: 05, April, 2018
Closing Date: 10, April, 2018
Moraa Educational Complex (MEC) is a comprehensive and all-inclusive educational center for women in Afghanistan. MEC is the first leading, the biggest conspicuous and the most unique educational complex in the history of Afghanistan. MEC is established in 42,000 square meter area and began its first initiatives in 2016 in Kabul that includes a well-equipped modern Kindergarten, High School, Institute of Health Sciences (providing two and three year diploma courses in Midwifery, Nursing, Medical Technology, Anesthesia, Radiology, Pharmacy, Dental Prosthesis and Physiotherapy), University (Medicine, Computer Science, BBA and Education) and a Dormitory. MEC offers practical and secure environment in which girls and young women can be educated according to Islamic and Afghan values, to a high educational standards based on modern teaching methods.
The incumbent is dealing with hardware and software enquiries; working together with a small team of staff to deliver a professional high quality service level to end users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintenance of 24-hour email and internet access.
2. Specification, ordering and installation of equipment and software.
1. Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
2. Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
3. Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
4. Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
5. Testing and evaluating new technologies.
8. The ongoing development of long-term IT strategies for the MEC
9. Helping other employees on database data entry and maintain data and network security.
10. Set up LCD, Projector, Laptops and sound system for presentations and conferences in classrooms and conference hall.
11. Data validation of each part of database (HR, School, Kindergarten, Institute, University, finance, library and reception).
12. Maintenance of network software systems. Control over software licensing.
13. Control over and maintenance of user accounts.
14. Support of IT facilities for seminars and conferences.
15. Providing images and designing in photo shop for webpages
16. Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields with at least 3 years of working experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Technical Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures within specialty area.
• Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
• Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Good Knowledge of IT Technologies (Operating System, MS Office, Printers, Scanners and all IT related devices)
• Highly proficient ICT management skills, systems design, network troubleshooting, LAN and WAN management.
• Familiar with MikroTik
• Understanding of PC hardware setup and configuration.
• Understanding of networking concepts and technologies.
• Understanding of security infrastructure, including anti-virus & firewalls.
• Troubleshooting experience within hardware and software.
• A good memory of how software and operating systems work
Conditions of Employment:
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
The IT Officer shall directly report to IT Manager of MEC.
All interested Afghan women with the required qualification and experience is required to submit their applications and CVs electrically through the email address written below: