Vacancy No: MEC 007
Post Title: Finance manager
Organization: Moraa Educational Complex
Duration: 1 year
No of the Post: 1
Experience 5 years
Salary: As per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Date Announced: 29 Aug 2018
Closing Date: 19 Sep 2018
About Moraa Educational Complex
Moraa Educational Complex (MEC) is a comprehensive and all-inclusive educational center for women in Afghanistan. MEC is the first leading, the biggest conspicuous and the most unique educational complex in the history of Afghanistan. MEC offers practical and secure environment in which girls and young women can be educated according to Islamic and Afghan values, to a high educational standards based on modern teaching methods.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the budget planning, and supports the MEC executive management team by offering insights and financial advice. This might involve advising on investments, savings, taxation, financial planning, budgeting and other related services
Duties and Responsibilities
Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the campus finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
Maintain the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys
Administer employee payroll, files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
• Assist with preparation of the budget and appropriate implementation of the financial policies and procedures. Establish and maintain cash controls, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
• Monitor cash reserves and investments and producing long-term business plans.
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements and controlling income, cash flow and expenditure.
• Establish and maintain supplier accounts and processes supplier invoices
• Issue cheques for all accounts due and maintain the purchase order system.
• Ensure security for all credit cards and verify charges
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
• Developing and managing financial systems/models
• Prepare income statements and the balance sheets, financial reports & assist with the annual audit
• Maintain financial files and records, Ensure the safeguarding of all transactions, Issue, code and authorize purchase orders, Reconcile the accounts payable, Prepare journal summaries, Reconcile the accounts receivable, Compile source documents, Issue receipts, Reconcile weekly deposits
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
• Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
• Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
• Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
• Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
• Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
• Provide insight full information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
• Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
• Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
• Submit the proposed budget and assist the overall financial planning process
• Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the campus development plan and will forecast future year budgets
• Identify additional finance required to fund the campus’s proposed activities
• Present timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations or bids
• Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Computerized accounting programs
• Accounts payable and accounts receivables
• Generally accepted accounting principles
• Fund accounting
• Preparation of financial statements, reports, payroll systems
• An understanding of relevant government legislation, policies and procedures
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in government and commercial proposal support
• Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
• Understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals
• Ability to seamlessly work independently or part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• A clear, proactive communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently, as a leader and as a member of a team
• Capable to work with minimal supervision, including demonstrating flexibility, accountability, initiative, and self-motivation to identify and execute tasks
• Able to manage multiple and shifting priorities and meet high quality standards while working variable and longer hours under tight deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent communication in English required.
• Strong attention to detail & decision-making skills
• The ability to communicate, negotiate, analyze, elaborate and present reports and statements
• Ability to quickly adapt to change.
• Supervisory and Team building skills
• Accounting and bookkeeping skills
• Time/Stress management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software; Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to work in a highly volatile, fast-paced environment
• Self-disciplined with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work extra hours if needed
• Executes professional standards at all times: attire, communication, behavior
• Experience in editing professional and business writing
• Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention
• Ability to work collegially under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments
• Experience working in a high-paced environment with proper time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Audit, Accounting, business administration or related field (MBA preferred)
• Overall 5-15 yrs experience.
• 5+ years in Finance/Account management
• Experience with Finance programs such as Quick Book is a plus
• The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) and likely to come from an Audit background.
Afghanistan – Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested candidates who believe they meet the position’s requirements are requested to send a completed CV by email to the
HR Manager at:
The Vacancy Number and Position Title as shown at the top of this advertisement must appear in the Subject line.
A specified CV format is to be used, available for download, CVs that are not submitted in the specified format will be rejected.
Only the CV is to be submitted: no other documents are required at this stage.
• CVs without cover letters/ application letter will not be considered.
• MEC is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer organization.
In your email:
• Please give information about any notice period required by your current employer, or your earliest starting date.
• Also, state whether any of your family members have worked for MEC or are currently doing so.
Only those candidates who meet the position’s requirements will be invited for interview.