Vacancy No: MEC-002
Post Title: English Instructor
Organization: Moraa Educational Complex
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: Permanent (3 months probationary)
No of the Post: 1
Date Announced: 24, May, 2018
Closing Date: 30,May, 2018
Moraa Educational Complex (MEC) is a comprehensive and all-inclusive educational center for women in Afghanistan. MEC is the first leading, the biggest conspicuous and the most unique educational complex in the history of Afghanistan. MEC is established in 42,000 square meter area and began its first initiatives in 2016 in Kabul that includes a well-equipped modern Kindergarten, High School, Institute of Health Sciences (providing two and three year diploma courses in midwifery, nursing, medical technology, anesthesia, radiology, pharmacy, dental prosthesis and physiotherapy), University (medicine, computer science, BBA and education) and a Dormitory. MEC offers practical and secure environment in which girls and young women can be educated according to Islamic and Afghan values, to a high educational standards based on modern teaching methods.
The main responsibility of English teacher is to help students understand English, speak it and be able to write and read it. Duties will range from the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of work handed in. On top of this she will also have to arrange any extracurricular activities and set targets for the pupils.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
- Evaluating a students’ class work and assignments.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Classroom management.
- Developing English lesson plans.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Attending University meetings and committees as required.
- Preparing and regularly updating subject materials.
- Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own
skills in both achieving qualifications and work ready
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English literature or related fields with at least 3 years of working experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Technical Skills and Abilities Required
- Communication Skills: Must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: Explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. Must work to keep the students’ attention
- Patience: The students she works with will have different backgrounds and abilities.
- Creativity: She has to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
The English Instructor shall directly report to the Head of Institute of Language and Technology.
All interested Afghan women with the required qualification and experience is required to submit their applications and CVs electrically through the email address written below: